The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Moving

I'm back once again :)
In the little while that I haven't written, I've changed my life here quite a bit. Although I was very much enjoying my Chinese family experience in many ways, I suddenly came to a point where I realised that I longed for my own peace and freedom, and having my own space. so, after stressing about for a couple of days and worrying how the family would take it, I called a girl who had posted an advert at a cafe, went to see the flat and decided to take it. So, it all happened very quickly and now I have been living happily in my new home for over a week.

I'm now atsying with two Chinese girls, both of them English teachers and absolutely lovely. We have a good time just sitting and chatting, or cooking together. My current room is about 3 times the size of the previous one, so I feel like living in a palace, and best of all, I can see the sunset directly from my window :) How lovely is it, just sitting on the window sill, watching the clouds turn red, listening to the silence.

Lots of other things have happened, as well, I'll try to take time this weekend to write a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home