The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Man Needed

Today I added a new word into my Chinese vocabulary: short circuit. This was the result of an explosion, which happened as I switched the light on at home. A puff of smoke, a rain of glass, and no electricity.

As I am rather useless with this type of thing (yes, I am blonde), I immediately phoned the man of the house for some instructions as he wasn't at home. But after my playing with the main switches for a bit there was no reaction, I turned to the section option of male assistance: the guards of our compound. After I underlines how important it was that we have electricity for the Italy game tonight, one of them came upstairs with me.

He barely just touched the switches and behold ----- there WAS light.

So now we can power up the telly and keep the beers cold. I guess it really is quite useful to have men around sometimes ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home