The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

phhhhhh

Before I moved to Chongqing, many Chinese people warned me of how unbearably hot it would be here. In reality, I have spent most of my time here being cold to the bone and fearing I may never feel warm again.

But here it is finally, the Chongqing summer. The heatwave hit just in time to make me want to avoid exam revision and just sit with a good book in the one room with airconditioning. (Finding things to read has finally become easier. I don't have to hunt for those rare English novels anymore, most of which are from the 19th century --- I have discovered that I can read my novels in Chinese without any struggle!)

Still, the temperature is just as high in Beijing so no relief in sight.

At the same time, it's the period before moving when things start accumulating in little piles everywhere ("I'll deal with that later, it will have to go together with those other things so no point in putting it away anymore...") and you start designing dinner menus based on what you have left in tins and dry food in the kitchen cupboards ---> some very inspired "Ready, Steady, Cook" -style meals coming up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home