The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Monday, October 24, 2005

Need a lift?

To add to the list of things malfuntioning in our shiny new building, taking the lifts is proving to be a slightly alarming experience. The other morning I was on my way down when the lift suddenly dropped down with half a meter freefall and all the lights started flashing. Luckily, after stopping at a completely wrong floor, it continued down safely.

Yesterday, a friend of mine had a more annoying problem, as the lift got stuck on the way down. She tried to press all the buttons, including the alarm and the emergency phone button, to no effect. There is even an actual emergency phone on the wall, but it seems it's only for decoration. Thankfully, after waiting for a horrible half an hour alone in the box, the lift got moving again and took her all the way down.

So now every time I step in the lift I prepare myself for a little adventure. Or maybe I should just walk all the 18 floors up??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home