The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Books

One of my new favourite places in Beijing is the fantastic Bookworm. This cafe/bar/library/bookshop is a place where you can have a cup of coffee surrounded by books, but best of all, you get to take the books home!

For someone like me who LOVES reading, this place is a true lifesaver, like a breathing hole in a box I was in. Until now, I've been either reading in Chinese (which I quite enjoy, but it still is much slower and more demanding, and I haven't been able to find many books that am that interested in), or stuck with reading the few (and expensive!!) English books available in bookshops.

But now, for a small annual fee, I get to choose from over 14.000 books and take them home to read.

After my first visit to Bookworm, I have been gobbling books down like someone who has been starving for a long time. Maybe I'll slow down in a while, but for now, I'm happy to have all these words to roll around in.

yum, yum!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went there a few times. Pretty cool place.

11:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home