The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Friday, June 25, 2004

Today is the last day of my teaching in Baoding, at least for now. One more class this afternoon for the teachers and that will be it...done!
My parents left on tuesday morning from Beijing, and I came back to Baoding to give an exam to the postgraduates and teach the last week of the teachers' class.
Looking back (as I guess you are supposed to do whenever you reach an 'end' of something), my time here in Baoding has gone really quickly. But I don't really feel like making any big conclusion or summaries of the past months as even though I'm leaving this city, my life here in China goes on and I have a feeling there is still an interesting road for me to walk in this country. So, the adventure continues...

This afternoon I'm off to Henan, which is the province south from Hebei ('nan' meaning south and 'bei' meaning north). I'll be gone for a week and then come back to Baoding for a final couple of days of meeting people, saying goodbyes, cleaning up the flat and packing my things. But I'm leaving some stuff here with friends, so I will be coming back at some point so no final goodbyes, I hope. And even without that reason, I know I will come back, after all this is the first place where I made my home in China and somehow it feels like it's my hometown in China. Later, when travelling in different parts of the country, I'll be proud to say that I come from Baoding ;)

Next time in a week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home