The way to China (and back?) - by Elina

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Pheww, it's getting a little better already. I had a couple of good classes today, the MSc students' group seems to be a really good one (just like Bishi said), talkative and lively. And they laughed at my lame jokes and let me do a full-on "entertaining teacher" routine today, which made it fun. And ah, those compliments, haven't had so many of them from my other students anymore (what?? they got tired of telling me every day how beautiful i am??), but these new students are full of them. Time for yet another ego-boost...

After classes today, I went along with one of my PhD students, Wang Yanxia (or Wendy), who showed me some of the greenhouses on campus, as well as her lab. She's working on plant genetics, researching transgenetic plants (you know, creating all those wacky genetically modified plants). To be honest, I didn't understand a whole lot about the details of her work, but it was interesting anyway, looking at all the weird machines and the thousands of little bottles filled with these blobs of cells and plants at various stages of growth. Just a contibution of a couple of pictures from my life today :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home